Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Beautiful Lengths

Today, I finally forced myself to cut my hair.  About a year ago, I started growing my hair out for my wedding, and decided very quickly into this process that after the wedding I would donate my hair.  I've been excited to chop my hair off and donate it to Beautiful Lengths, by Pantene, but of course I was pretty terrified.  I never cut my hair, and when I do, I usually don't go too short.  With all of the changes in my life, I figured this is perfect timing to become the new me!  

I chose to donate my hair to Beautiful Lengths because I've heard from many they will not scrap any hair and will use every piece.  Beautiful Lengths is partnered with the American Cancer Society, and so far has donated over 24,000 wigs made out of real hair so they can be dispersed among women battling cancer.  I can't imagine how difficult, overwhelming, and terrifying a cancer diagnosis and battle would be, and I'm so happy I can do something, even if that something is tiny, to help put a smile on someone's face. 

So...today was the day, and I did it!  My hairstylist, Bridgette,  tied my hair back in a ponytail and chopped off exactly 12 inches!  I cringed as I heard the sound of the scissors slicing through ALL of my hair!  I have to say, though, I am extremely pleased with the end result! I hope whoever receives a wig made from my hair will enjoy their new look just as much as me! 



 Let's Do This!

 A foot of hair chopped off!

 My new haircut made for some good photo ops with Dudley and Sam. :)

 Family Portrait! 

Puppy Love

Check out Pantene Beautiful Lengths here for details about donating hair.  It's incredibly easy- all you need is 8 inches of clean hair tied in a ponytail! :)  As they said on the site, PONY UP!

XO <3, C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!